LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error -200745

Hello,

I want to use a counter of a USB 6212 to obtain PID control (please see the vi attached). In the vi attached when I change the frequency to 300Hz I receive an -200745 error. Can somebody please help?

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,204 Views)

Well, the error seems to be very explicit:

Error -200745 occurred at an unidentified location

Possible reason(s):

Measurements: Frequency and Initial Delay property values are inconsistent with one or more counter timebase properties.

The conflicting properties must satisfy the following constraints:

Counter Timebase Rate / Counter Maximum Count <= Frequency <= Counter Timebase Rate / 4

Counter Timebase Rate / Counter Maximum Count <= 1 / Initial Delay <= Counter Timebase Rate / 2

If the Counter Timebase Rate is not specified, it is inferred from the Counter Timebase Source selection.

So you will have to modify the initial delay or to select another counter time base rate.

Note that the write and read to local (duty cycle) causes a race condition in your code (you can't be sure of which action will come first, writing to or reading from the duty cycle local variable). Since you're using a shift register there is no need for local. You can expand the left SR to access the previous iteration value and wire the new value to the right SR.

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,185 Views)

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I tried changing the initial delay (before sending the thread) but unfortunatelly didn't help. I would like to apologize for my ignorance but could you advise how can I select another counter time base rate? I would also very much appreciate if you could post your suggestion (concerning the local variable) as a screen capture.

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,161 Views)