LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 200022 with NI9244, NI9246 and NI9237

Solved!
Go to solution

I´m using NI9244 and NI9246 to make a powermeasurment program in LabVIEW. I plan to expand the program with NI9237 which will measure the force on a load cell. However when running the program I encounter an
error 200022: Resource requested by this task has already been reserved by a different task. Why does this happen and how do I resolve it?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,300 Views)

The description of the error tells you the problem!

If you have two tasks trying to access the same piece of hardware, one of them will fail as the hardware resource is reserved by the first task to open. You need to combine all of your analog data acquisition (at least for the same module) into a single task.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,293 Views)

I have tried to simplify the problem with this new VI. I am usinging three different modules. 
Can you show me a solution in this new program?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,285 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ChalmersStudentVictor

The answer is the same - you have 3 DAQ assistants trying to access the same piece of hardware so only one will be successful. You need to combine them to a single DAQ assistant and then split the signals afterwards. You can normally only have 1 analogue input DAQ task per piece of hardware (e.g. cDAQ chassis).

(Of course, I would also recommend using the DAQmx VIs for your data acquisition instead of ExpressVIs, but the problem is still the same)

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,271 Views)