From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 1510 NI Service Locator

Solved!
Go to solution

> Error 1510 occurred at Open Application Reference in Main.vi

> Possible reason(s):

> LabVIEW:  The requested service was not found as a registered service with the NI Service Locator.

Anyone had error before ?

George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(6,324 Views)

Multiple instance of an exe launched.  Inside the exe, server port and name changed (and verified) using property node, so I can distingush the 2 instance.

In LabVIEW (or another exe), when use the updated server name to open applicaton reference, first one works fine, but not working for the 2nd instance, get error 1510.

LabVIEW 2011 64 bit, on Win7.

George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(6,295 Views)

Hi George,

I just wanted to add some context here about what we've discussed offline. This error is happening when opening an Application reference to the second instance of an executable running on the same machine as the LabVIEW Dev environment.

The Open App Reference works fine for one instance but gets this error on the call to the second app instance. We have set the port number and service name of each instance to different values in the ini file and with property nodes; confirmed this with indicators on each exe.

Thanks!

Zach P.

Staff Software Engineer | LabVIEW R&D | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(6,293 Views)

Sorry for the duplicate, just saw your second post

Zach P.

Staff Software Engineer | LabVIEW R&D | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(6,289 Views)

Test VIs attached.

George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(6,285 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author zou

Problem solved.

Simply use 337x, or 338x for port #.

For some reason 336x is no good for multiple instance of an exe.  No error / warning from LabVIEW.

George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(6,260 Views)

HI George:

I have met the same problem with you, can you tell me how to solve it?

Thanks

Alina Jiao

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(6,200 Views)

Are you using property node to change the server settings?

I run multiple instances of the same exe.  That's why I have to change the settings programmatically.

Need change both the server name and the port #.

George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(6,189 Views)