From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 1430 during fpga compile

Thanks for listening to the question. 

I am trying to compile a modified FPGA code, that contains a DMA FIFO of 7200 elements. But i recieve this error during the compilation:

"Labview: The Path is empty or relative, you must use an absolute path.

Error 1430 occured at Read from Binary File in

niFpgaCompileWorker_CreateBitfile.vi-

>niFpgaCompileWorker_JobComplete.vi-

>niFPGACompile_worker.vi:1

"

When i removed the FIFO, i could compile without any problems. My code looks ok, but i have no clue what this problem is about. Also i am not refering to any file other than subVIs, which i have checked throughly.

Please help!

best regards,

Subir

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,303 Views)

Hi Subir

Have you tried the steps listed on this knowledge base article? It suggests that the IO node which you have connected to your FIFO has a different name on your block diagram to in your project explorer and that renaming it appropriately and checking its validity should fix this issue.

Kind Regards

Chris | Applications Engineer NIUK
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,296 Views)

Thanks, but i figured out the problem. It was related to memory shortage on the FPGA. in the process, i was initializing a 1D array of 7200 elements, to store the processed data. all of these resided on the ram, and instead of pointing out the ram issue, LV just said there was some problem. I could get near this core issue, becasue when i removed the storage of processed data, like FPGA mempry nodes and stuff, it compiled perfectly. So by playing around i figured out that i need not initialize the array, rather use 1 memory block of 7200 elements instead! and it works fine now.

but the knowledge article is also interesting. thanks for it 🙂

best regards,

Subir

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,270 Views)