LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 1077: XY graph property node

Have a simple VI that I have culled from larger application. The VI basically initializes the XY graph properties of using references fed into generic property node (I do this because eventually I want to put the code in a subVI).

When I run, the error cluster coming out of the first property node in the first iteration of the inner loop shows error 1077: Property Node (arg 1) in property_node_test.vi, possible reason: LabVIEW: Invalid property value.

I want to know the underlying reason for the error and the possible ramifications of it. In my larger application, I am seeing some strange behavior for the XY graphs and their legends and I am trying to track it down. This error could be a clue, I don't know.

Sincerely,

Don
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(8,598 Views)
Setting a value of 0 for Legend:Plots Show is invalid. The minimum number of plots on a legend is 1. If you are hiding the legend, there would no reason to set number of legends to 0 anyway. Once that is fixed, you then get an error setting the active plot. Why do you want this wired to the iteration terminal? The only valid number in your case would be 0.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(8,595 Views)
The idea is to set up all the information about plot lines at configuration time.

Change the number of legend plots to 1 and you will get a similar error (arg 4 this time). Only '4' or greater results in no error. Why?

Don
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(8,588 Views)
You cannot set Active Plots to a number greater than the number of plots that exist. If you set show plots to 1, then you can only set active plot to 0 (first plot). You cannot have more active plots than plots that exist. Your iteration terminal changes from 0 to 3, therefore creating 4 plots doesn't cause an error.
Message 4 of 8
(8,581 Views)
I guess I did not really realize that 'LegPlots' effectively sets the number of plots as well as sets the number of plots visible in the legend. The context help specifies the latter but if you think about it, these are two different things. But now I know. I am going to pursue this further in my main application and see if this is what has been causing all the problems.

Thanks,

Don
Message 5 of 8
(8,575 Views)
This in fact was the problem. To avoid this mess in the future that resulted in all sorts of problems with my XY graphs, it seems a good idea to make the graph property 'LegPlots' = the number of active plots you plan to use. Thanks a lot Dennis, this one was killing me.

Sincerely,

Don
Message 6 of 8
(8,561 Views)
Yes, it was this that was causing all the problems so if one is going to programmatically fool with the number of plot legends via property nodes (LegPlots), make LegPlots equal to the maximum number of plots you are planning on using to avoid the difficulties I encountered (see http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=117690).

Sincerely,

Don
Message 7 of 8
(8,556 Views)
Thanks alot for your detailed posts, I too have been wondering about the 1077 error for the last hour until I finally decided too check the forum.

This really saved me alot of time, so now I can watch the world cup game after all Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by raggaflo1 on 06-20-2006 06:49 AM

http://morphin.org
Message 8 of 8
(8,304 Views)