LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error -1073807302

Hi,

I have an optical lab set up to detect the laser beam. In the set up 4 photodectetor plates are connected to a UDT position sensor (each 2 are connected as one input cable). And the UDT position sensor is connected to the computer by a GPIB-USB cable. The general code including all the components in the set up is running with no error, but when I want to run the test, it gives me the -1073807302 error for the visa write in one of the UDT sub-VIs (attached). In NI-MAX my instrument is detected but when I try to communicate with it, it gives me errors for both reading and wrting. Attached you can find the images of the NI-MAX and errors that I get as well as the UDT init New sub-VI which has the issue.

I would appreciate if any one helps me to get this work.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,165 Views)

Is it 1 instrument or 2? On VI screenshot there are UDT1 and UDT2

If you are connecting to 2 instruments, should they not show as 2 instruments in MAX?

How are their addresses different?

Minor: usually you need to end *IDN? with \n. https://www.ni.com/getting-started/set-up-hardware/instrument-control/gpib-connect

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,115 Views)

There is only one instrument (1 position reader called UDT). But as I said there are 4 photodetector plates that each 2 of them are connected together and then connected to the position reader through a single cable. In another word, there are 2 input cables going into the position reader each taking the data from 2 photodetector plates. Those 2 are named UDT1 and UDT 2. But they are not a separate componenet. both are connected to the main UDT position reader. Is that clear enough?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,112 Views)

Btw, when I double click on either UDT1 or UDT2 sub-VIs, the same sub-VI pups up with the same error. I tried renaming those 2 sub-VIs bcs I though this way they would be recognized as separate sub-VIs but it did not help.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,109 Views)

On your image.jpg screenshot of the main diagram there are 2 visa addresses. "UDT1 Visa resource" and "UDT2 visa resource".

Are these 2 pairs of photodetectors implemented in one device (UDT) under 2 different addresses?

Or Is it the same address in 2 different wires? And you differ between pairs by sending into one address different parameter for each photodetector (or each photodetector returns its value and address 1-4)? Then 2 address controls and initializing the same address twice do not make sense

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,076 Views)

Oh, I see your point. Yeah! The code was written for 2 position sensors. My bad! I just removed all the UDT 2 sub-VIs and connections in the code. The main code works fine but still I get the same exact error for the visa Write in the UDT init new.VI

BTW, I still can not communicate with the instrument through NI-MAX even after the correction. The same errors for reading and writing.

If you need any new snapshots or files. plz let me know.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,069 Views)