cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 1050 using sendemail

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have a VI that saves graphs on my computer and also have a matlab script to send these graphs via email. I am getting an error 1050 as shown in the picture attached. Here is the script:

setpref('Internet','E_mail','sender's email@gmail.com'); %sender gmail email address
mail = 'sender's email@gmail.com';
password = 'password';
setpref('Internet','SMTP_Server','smtp.gmail.com'); %smtp server set-up

setpref('Internet','E_mail',mail); %sender's email
setpref('Internet','SMTP_Username',mail); %sender's email
setpref('Internet','SMTP_Password',password); %sender's password
props = java.lang.System.getProperties;
props.setProperty('mail.smtp.auth','true');
props.setProperty('mail.smtp.socketFactory.class', 'javax.net.ssl.SSLSocketFactory');
props.setProperty('mail.smtp.socketFactory.port','465');

%Receiver's address, Title, body message, and attachment. To send multiple
%attachment {'C:\yourFileSystem\file.txt','C:\yourFileSystem\file2.txt'}
sendmail('receiver's email@gmail.com','Load Cell Results','Load Cell results can be viewed in the attachments.',{'C:\Users\ameeral.AD\Desktop\loadcell\cell1.bmp','C:\Users\ameeral.AD\Desktop\loadcell\cell2.bmp','C:\Users\ameeral.AD\Desktop\loadcell\cell3.bmp','C:\Users\ameeral.AD\Desktop\loadcell\cell4.bmp'});

I intentionally removed the email and password marked with red.

Please help Smiley Frustrated

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,517 Views)
You should be talking to Mathworks about a problem with Matlab. Why are you using that instead of the built-in LabVIEW functions?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,494 Views)

I tried using the Send Email function but it does not work. I get an error message about reaching system time limit, please check the attached image here. I am using my gmail account and the SMTP server is smtp.gmail.com on port 465 and I inputed my username and password and checked the box that says: Use secure connection (TLS/SSL). Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,485 Views)

@kingzamzom wrote:

I tried using the Send Email function but it does not work. I get an error message about reaching system time limit, please check the attached image here. I am using my gmail account and the SMTP server is smtp.gmail.com on port 465 and I inputed my username and password and checked the box that says: Use secure connection (TLS/SSL). Thank you

Sounds like you have a problem with your network.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,476 Views)
What version of LabVIEW are you using?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,454 Views)

@nyc_(is_out_of_here) wrote:

@kingzamzom wrote:

Sounds like you have a problem with your network.

Maybe, I will have to check.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,450 Views)

@Dennis_Knutson wrote:
What version of LabVIEW are you using?

LabVIEW 2013 version 13.0 (64 bit)

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,448 Views)
That version does not support authentication/SSL that Gmail requires. Search the board. There is code that uses .NET.
Message 8 of 10
(3,421 Views)

Hi! Please check that the MathWorks, Inc. MATLAB ® software is set to the same working directory as LabVIEW. The MATLAB®  script will call the MATLAB® server, which may not be in the same directory as LabVIEW.

To do this, open MATLAB® and select File»Set Path... from the pull-down menu. In the Set Path window select Add Path... to add the path where your function scripts are located to the MATLAB® search path.

Failing this, the error may also occur if there is a disruption in this script server between MATLAB® and LabVIEW. Try restarting both programs.

MATLAB® is a registered trademark of The MathWorks, Inc.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,394 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author kingzamzom

I used Yahoo authentication instead of Gmail in my Matlab script and the error is cleared. Thank you all

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,293 Views)