LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 1026

I just finished installing the NI ELVIS and i downloaded the NI ELVIS Traditional software, i installed it, and then when i tried to run the program it give me the error 1026, and just as the manual says, the only button enabled is the configure button, but the thing is that when i click it nothing happens, how could i fix this?, can i still work with the NI ELVIS without doing the configuration?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,049 Views)

Hi Tadeo!!

The error you are getting is some times related to the installation of the correct driver of Daq for your system. What i can recommend that you do is to check the DAQ card and what version of the driver is better for it and also compatible with ELVIS. When you say Traditional ELVIS, you mean the software that works with ELVIS I (2.0 or 3.0)?

If thats the case the recommended order of installation is: 

1.- LabVIEW (if you are gonna use it)

2.- NI ELVIS 

3.- The DAQ driver.

Let me know if this helps and how i can help you further.

Have a great day!!

Oswald Branford

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,030 Views)

Hi Oswald,

thank you for your response!, as for your questios, the card that i have is a PCI-6251, and i downloaded the NI-DAQ 8.9, and i just found out that it's only compatible with the NI ELVIS II, so now i have to look for a new NI-DAQ, and i'm using the Traditional ELVIS 3.0. Do you know how can i uninstall the NI-DAQ 8.9, because i can't find an uninstall shortcut, and through the add/remove programs i can't find tha DAQ 8.9.

Thanks again!!

Best regards!

Tadeo de la Garza

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,016 Views)

Hi Tadeo!

Glad u found what the problem seems to be. To uninstall the DAQmx Software u need to go to Add/remove Programs and select: National Instruments Software. Once you are there, a list should load and you should be able to find the entry for the DAQmx driver. Just select it and on the menu to the right select uninstall. Im attaching a pic of how that looks.

Hope this helps!

Oswald Branford

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,009 Views)