cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 1003 crio 9114

Solved!
Go to solution

hello

im runninng a recently installed LV 14 , on a Windows 7 ,64bit , with a crio 9114, with RT and FPGA.

I migrated a project from another computer with a similar system , installed Lv and RT and FPGA moudles, andDevice drivers.
All of the project components in the RT target seem to be ok, but when i get to the FPGA vis, i manage to compile them with the XIlinx tools, but when it comes to run i get the followingL

Error 1003 occurred at Invoke Node in niFpgaRun_LaunchTargetPlugin.vi->niFpgaRun_InvokeRun.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: The VI is not executable. This error may occur because the VI is either broken or contains a subVI that LabVIEW cannot locate. Select File>>Open to open the VI and verify that you can run it.

Method Name: Run VI

VI Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2014\vi.lib\FPGAPlugInAG\cRIO-9114\niFpgaOpenAndRun_cRIO-9114.vi

i tried making a simple FPGA project with a simple vi , and i get the same error.

i opened the vi that the error message mentioned  and it appears to be broken but there is nothing i can do to fix it.

I installed the FPGA module and the NI-RIO 15.0 but to no avail.

Anyone could hint me as to how to solve this issue?

thanks DAvid

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,872 Views)
What do you mean that there is nothing you can do to fix it? Why does LabVIEW say it's broken?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,848 Views)

it doesnt,

that vi is a LV system vi and password protected, and when i click on the broken run button it says "no errors in VI"

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,827 Views)
First, who wrote the VI? Second, what did you mean that it appears to be broken?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,806 Views)

Hey David,

You might be able to use the same bitfile you were using in the first computer. This means you will not need to compile your FPGA again.

Please read this resources to see if they can be useful for your issue:

Can I Move My LabVIEW FPGA Project to a New Location without Recompiling?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/B76C5ED987F464EC862579750059A761?OpenDocument

Moving Examples to a Different FPGA Target

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/5075/en/

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,747 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author davyx8

hi all and thank yo ufor the answers

a. the problem wasnt the compiled bitfiles, and i would have minded compiling again. The problem was that even though i installed the appropriate drivers according to the systems version, the actual VIs of the systems (located in C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2014\vi.lib\FPGAPlugInAG\cRIO-9114) were damaged.
i had to manually replace them by copying the same files from an identical system i had. This finnaly resolved the issue and all is well now.

For future refernce i would advise NI to :

a. give a more detailed error explanation (the error did say that the VIs in FPGAplugin were messed, but werent clear as to how to fix them).
b. have some sort of a downloadable vi packages to fix this issue, becaus if i didnt have that other systems i had no way of fixing this

cheers

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,658 Views)