From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 1 occured at property node(arg 1) in VISA configure serial port (instr).vi->receiver.vi

Thanks

I installed VISA drivers from http://sine.ni.com/psp/app/doc/p/id/psp-411 and now its giving the following error:

Error 1 occurred at Property Node (arg 1) in VISA Configure Serial Port (Instr).vi->serial_t.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: An input parameter is invalid. For example if the input is a path, the path might contain a character not allowed by the OS such as ? or @.

Regards

ALI IJAZ

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(1,976 Views)
What, if anything, do you have for the VISA Resource Name? Did you click on the pull-down menu and select an available com port?
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(1,958 Views)

Hi,

Drop down list doesn't show anything. It shows  "Refresh" as shown in screenshot attached.

Regards

ALi

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(1,933 Views)
That means that there are no serial ports detected by VISA. What does the device manager say and is there anything at all listed on MAX? Are you using a USB-RS232 adapter?
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(1,930 Views)

Im using RS 232-485 USB converter

Device manager shows com port 2

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(1,920 Views)
And nothing shows in MAX? Unless it's shown on MAX, you won't be able to use it. Not all converters play well with VISA. Do you know the chipset that the converter uses?
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(1,908 Views)
I'm not sure what could be wrong. I've never had a problem with ftdi based converters.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(1,892 Views)