cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

enable to create or write a tdms file with labview 2014

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I need some help. I'm new with LabView. I've been trying to create a TDMS file but it doesn't work. My code in the link below is really simple, but I don't know what the problem is.My code doesn't throw any errors so I don't know what to look for in the internet. Once my code is done excuting, no file is created. I use LabView 2014 and my laptoop has windows 7 on it.  My question is, is there any specific configurations I need to do everytime I create a new VI that will read/create/ write a .tdms so that my code can work correctly because writing in a .txt file works perfectly.

Thank you and sorry for my english

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,928 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bmtanguay

Hi bmtanguay,

do you want to run your VI on your cRIO9074?

Where do you think does your cRIO create that file? A cRIO is a computer of its own - and it has it's own "harddrive". This is where your file is created: C partion on your cRIO!

You cannot create a file on your Windows pc from within a VI running on your cRIO!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 5
(2,897 Views)

Gerd,

Where was a cRIO mentioned?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,886 Views)

Hi RavensFan,

the AI0/AI1 shared variables in the VI were shown in the context help with a path like "cRIO9074…"…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,860 Views)

Ok.  Thanks.  I see that now.  I didn't have context help open when looking at the VI.  And I didn't notice the FPGA symbol withing those shared variables.  Nothing at jumped out at me as being cRIO.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,826 Views)