LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

empty Visa resource name list

Hi

I have the following problem, empty device list in Visa resource name.

I start Visa Interactive Control (windows -> start -> National Instrument->VISA-> Visa Interactive Control) and getting the program up.

When Refreshing the list I got error message saying

(

Error

LabVIEW: (Hex 0xBFFF009E) VISA or code library required by VISA could not be located or loaded. This is usually due to a required driver not being installed on the system.

VISA: (Hex 0xBFFF009E) VISA or code library required by VISA could not be located or loaded. This is usually due to a required driver not being installed on the system.

My questions 

Which driver is missing? Why the program itself does not looking for the driver in the net and install it in my PC? How to fix that problem?

Notice

The problem appeared first when I installed one of Keysight program in my PC, program for update Agilent DMM firmware. Before that installation I had no such problem. Now I uninstalled Keysight program but it did not help.

And in the last

Does this problem go together with the error message I got when starting NI Update Service program. the error messag saying

can not find the sequence number 132 in DLL-file visa32.dll

Please I need help so that I can go forward with my test.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,262 Views)

Reinstall VISA from the NI DVD's.

My guess is that the HP/Agilent/Keysight driver installation corrupted the NI installation.

Search the forums for words like Agilent,  VISA, Tulip, Passport.  Those should lead you to threads where people had similar problems.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,221 Views)