LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

elvis board

Hi I am new to Labview/Elvis Board and am not very good at using it. What I would like to know is how do I get the LED lights to work on the elvis board? I have been given 4 push switches but I can't find any information on where to place them on the board and how to make the actual LED work. Also I am supposed to connect the board to Labview so that I can use push buttons and rotary dials on the board, which are then simulated in Labview?

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,374 Views)

You should be able to find some info here:  Introduction to NI ELVIS II, NI Multisim and NI LabVIEW

---------------------
Patrick Allen: FunctionalityUnlimited.ca
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,359 Views)

Hi thank you so much for this, its definitely going to be a massive help! But the LED's that I need to get working are the 7 that are already on the board so would you know how to get them to work by any chance?

Once again, thanks a lot for your help, much appreciated. 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,347 Views)

Hi nizza52,

I have got the Elvis II and the Prototyping board. I assume you are referring to the LED's on the right hand side.

To get the LED to Light you need to connect a voltage to the LED pins (35 - 42) these are the ones labeled.

You will also require a connection to ground which is pin 53.

Hope this helps 

Nathan
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,323 Views)

Thank you Nathan, I have managed to get them working. But now I have to use switches on Labview to get the LED;s on th elvis board to work. Any idea on that?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,301 Views)

Hi Nizza52,

Glad you have got the LED's lit.

So currently you are using a switch on a LabVIEW VI to control your LED?

What fuctionality are you looking for from your Elvis?

Regards,

Nathan
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,294 Views)

Hi thanks for your response. Yes I am now trying to use a push switch on labview to turn on the LED on the elvis board but I am having trouble with how to do it i.e. what to do on the block diagram?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,283 Views)

Hi nizza52,

I created a simple VI using a Push button and an the Express DAQ assistant VI. 

The settings for the DAQ assistant that I chose were - 

-Generate signal 

-Digital Output 

-Line output

- Picked the NI Elvis I was using

-Port0/line0
-Finish

I then created a control for the Data. This is an array and you can control all the LED's according to the amount of ports/lines you add.

Hardware - I wired DIO 0 (line one) on the right of the Elvis board to LED 0.

There is no need for a ground as this is done internally.

Hopefully this should get you up and running !

Nathan
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,267 Views)

Definitely helped, I have a much better understanding of it now. Thanks again, much appreciated 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,254 Views)

Definitely helped, I have a much better understanding of it now. Thanks again, much appreciated 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,254 Views)