From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eigenvector different result with minitab

hay, may I ask a question bout my program ? in this case, the result of comparing eigenvectors value have a random plus/min. sometimes, the different appear in random coloumn.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,530 Views)

Hi bimoo,

round your LabVIEW results to 3 decimal places as this "minitab" does and you get the same numbers…

(Or provide an example VI instead of just an image!)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,527 Views)

i don't know what you mean. can you give me an example ? and this is the result with different number.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,518 Views)
Your LabVIEW data is showing at least one additional decimal place of precision. Limit the data display to 3 decimal places and you will see the same results.

Also when someone asks you to post your code instead of a picture, its poor form to post another picture without comment.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,499 Views)

i understand my problem, then how to limit (0.456041 +0 i) in 3 digit decimal ?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,480 Views)
If you right click on a numeric control or indicator there is an option for setting the Display Format. The default format is 6 significant digits. Change the Digits input to 3, and the Precision Type control to Digits of Precision.

Mike...

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,478 Views)

Hi bimoo,

to give advice on LabVIEW basics: right-click the indicator and choose "display settings"… (Or similar menu entry as I use mainly the German LabVIEW version.)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,472 Views)

okay, thank you for help. Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,455 Views)

hello, i have problem with complex number. i try to get eigenvector number, but when i compare the result in graph different with other similliar software. i think the problem come from complex number. and my question how to change complex number in rounding decimal integer?

my number eigenvector  result in labview  have positive and negative number. is it because of eigenvector in labview or complex number ? because i think i have already done the correct procedure.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,360 Views)
Based on the results you showed, there is no problem here. The calculated results are exactly the same. We went through this witg you before. The apparent differences are due to the way the displays are rounded.

To prove it to yourself (again!) apply the same "fix" as you did for your last non-poblem.

Mike...

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,349 Views)