From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

editing the wiring of the build array function

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi 

I'm trying to edit a labview VI that uses the "Build Array" function.  I want to remove one of the elements in the middle, but so far I've only been able to remove elements from the bottom or top.  Since there are many elements involved and the one I want to remove is right in the middle, I would rather not unwire all the elements below and then rewire them up one line.  Is there a button to remove a middle element that I can't seem to find?

THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!!!!!!!!

-Rebecca

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,561 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author rebecca_walter2

First delete the unwanted wire.  Now right-click on the open connection on the Build Array.  There is an option to "Remove Input".

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 10
(2,559 Views)

You will need a bit of manual dexterity to delete the selected element and not the one below or above.  I could never do it with a trackball mouse.  Ctrl+z and try again is my motto and why I still do not use auto tool selection.  

``-Smiley Wink

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 3 of 10
(2,555 Views)

You're awesome!  THANKS SO MUCH!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,553 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

Ctrl+z and try again is my motto and why I still do not use auto tool selection.  

A fellow brother of the tab.  Nice to know I'm not alone.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,488 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

You will need a bit of manual dexterity to delete the selected element and not the one below or above.  I could never do it with a trackball mouse.  Ctrl+z and try again is my motto and why I still do not use auto tool selection.  

``-Smiley Wink

I hate the automatic tool selection.

Removing ```` marks from my diagram is less annoying than the automated tool selection.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,480 Views)

@RTSLVU wrote:

I hate the automatic tool selection.

Removing ```` marks from my diagram is less annoying than the automated tool selection.

Or randomly turning on caps lock.  Luckily I found a registry file that disables caps lock all together.  If I had a working caps lock I would probably only use it a few times a year anyway.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/disable-caps-lock-key-in-windows-vista/

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,476 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

You will need a bit of manual dexterity to delete the selected element and not the one below or above.

There's a hidden Quick Drop feature for this. Select the Build Array, press Ctrl-Space, Ctrl-Shift-R (the 'Shift' is important!), and it will remove unwired inputs from the Build Array.

LabVIEW 2012 and later.

Message 8 of 10
(2,468 Views)

@Darren wrote:

There's a hidden Quick Drop feature for this. Select the Build Array, press Ctrl-Space, Ctrl-Shift-R (the 'Shift' is important!), and it will remove unwired inputs from the Build Array.

LabVIEW 2012 and later.

That is so random.  So I tested it with bundle by name and it also worked as expected, and with the Merge Errors.  Should we assume it works with all resizable block diagram nodes?

Message 9 of 10
(2,462 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

Should we assume it works with all resizable block diagram nodes?

Because of scripting limitations, the approach I've taken only works with certain nodes. In LabVIEW 2013, those nodes are Bundle By Name, Build Array, Concatenate Strings, Bundle, and Merge Errors. In LabVIEW 2014 I was able to add Unbundle By Name and Property Node.

Nodes that are *not* supported, but that I think could benefit from this feature, include Compound Arithmetic, Index Array, and Format Into String.

Message 10 of 10
(2,452 Views)