cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

editing data from notepad

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I have a problem with data reading from notepad. I have a couple of hundred values in a notepad file, and now I want to read that in labview and edit the data. I would like to extract the highest value, the lowest value and the average value. I also want to make a graph with it. I managed to read the file, but it comes out as a string. I have no idea how to extract the wanted numbers.

To read the data I used the 'read from spreadsheet file.vi' 

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,630 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author LvL1995

Its Quite Possible get your Requirement  by providing the Reference input or by converting the String to Number.

Try to share the Actual code developed or Snippet for Better understanding

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,627 Views)

Unfortunately, I'm not able to attach the code. It is for my job and I have two laptops here. One has labview but no internet connection, and the has no labview but access to internet. 

Eventually I used the ' String to number function' to extract the data. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,607 Views)

Hi LvL,

To read the data I used the 'read from spreadsheet file.vi' 

ReadFromSpreadsheetFile allows you to get numeric data, no need to do string conversion on your own…

But again: when you have problems with your VI you need to attach your VI! (Don't you have USB memory sticks?)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,595 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I'm working with a potatoe, and the two usb ports available in the laptop with labview are already occupied for reasons. I'll figure something out next time.

I used read from spreadsheet but it only gives me a string.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,587 Views)