LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

edit cells in a multicolumn listbox at runtime

Hello, I have many multicolumn listboxes that are to be used to input some data.  I have them set to editable and that seems to work ok.  However, there needs to be a long delay between the forst click to select the cell and activating the editing of the cell.  From the LV help:

At run time, click the cell text you want to edit, and click it a second time after a short pause.

Does anyone know what length of the that pause is and is it editable to make it shorter?

Thanks,

Greg

Gregory Osenbach, CLA
Fluke
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(10,372 Views)

Hi Greg,

What version of LabVIEW are you using? The multicolumn list box edit is a bit slow, a work around has been posted on this thread: http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&thread.id=389584. There is no list documentation on how long you need to wait. On my system if appears to be a little over one second. Let us know if that works out.

Joshua B.
National Instruments
Message 2 of 3
(10,344 Views)

Hi Greg,

I used this method to improve the response time of a multi-column list box and it usually works fine. Inside the while loop, I have a measurement procedure which may take several seconds. This means when measurement is happening, the next run of the loop will be after several seconds. In this time, if user clicks on the listbox, it does not respond (becasue the event handler is not checked in the activated in the loop). Is there any solution for this? Also this interferes with some other functionalities, for example I have programmed the Scape key to cancel the measurement, which does not work when mouse is clicked on the listbox and the event is not handled yet.

Another question, is there any way to reset the event buffer in the program to avoid accumulating events?

The project is a large one and unfortunately I can not attach the code.

Thank you,

-- Reza

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(10,124 Views)