LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

echo suppression on rs232 ?

I am communicating to a current loop device via current loop to 232 converter.  I need to enable echo suppression?  How

Thanks in Advance

James
- James

Using LV 2012 on Windows 7 64 bit
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,030 Views)
I don't think LabVIEW echo's characters, I suspect that it is on the remote device that you need to turn off the echo. If the remote device echos you get a copy on the PC of everything sent (Actually this is good for ensuring reliable communication).

I suspect that you need to check the manual for the remote device.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,016 Views)
maybe i need to explain my application

I am one device of 8 communicating with a two wire current loop system.  I am inserting my device into the current loop with a current loop to 232 converter.  Because all communications is contained within the loop anything i send on the loop i will receive on the loop even with the 232 converter.  I need to suppress any echoes due to transmiting
- James

Using LV 2012 on Windows 7 64 bit
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,003 Views)
If the data is being sent around the loop then this is a good error check, you just need to flush it from the received input data stream. If using VISA you can clear the input buffer using a VISA function (its in the Interface specific pallette) or filter the duplicated characters as needed by ignoring the character as its received, by comparing the character with what was sent (this would be the error check).

I guess that it's a master slave arangement so the remote devices are responding to commands from a controller, the P.C.)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,990 Views)