LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

easy example: show a control on a different VI

Hi all

i have a very-beginner question: i have a main VI, and several sub-VI's...

what i want...is to pass a value from a sub-vi to the main VI, to display it there. and i have to do it with a reference and property node...that's all i found out so far...

it seems to be so easy, i feel really stupid. any help is appreciated...

markus
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,261 Views)
i have my example here...

how can i replace the sub-vi icon in master.vi, so that i can use it also for 2 "normal" vi's which are not "related" together? and what do i have to change, to send informations from the sub-vi to the master?
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,261 Views)
Instead of using property nodes, why not use the connector pane? Your question about replacing sub-vi icon is not very clear. What do you mean by "normal" vi's. Any vi is normal, what makes it a sub-vi is that it is called by another vi. Connector pane will send information from sub-vi to master.
- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,261 Views)
my problem is that the sub-vi can be called from different points of the VI...and i need all the results just once, but for every call from the vi...

with the connector pane, i would have to wire it to every place where the sub-vi is called...
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,261 Views)
OK, here is the way to do it by reference. Put both vi's in a directory called c:\MyTemp to run my example. I used a static VI reference. In your application you can redefine the reference to your own particular path.
- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,261 Views)