From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dsc

Solved!
Go to solution

hello

i am very new to labview .i have developed two projects-one as master and one as slave for communicating string data using shared variable but master is showing     some error.

I am not able to debug it and i am even not sure whether my block dig and connections are correct or not.i am attaching my projects here.

i would appreciate help from anyone

Thanku

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,982 Views)

Can you reupload it in 2011 or 2012

File>Save for previous version

---

UnCertified LabVIEW Student
Mistakes are for learning, that's why suggestions are always welcome!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,974 Views)

sure...

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,962 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mona1490

"Some error" 

What is the error that you get?

Why don't you create a project that includes the shared variable library and deploy it from there?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,950 Views)

i have created the library and deployed the shared variable manually. while running the program,master is showing error in opening connection to shared variable.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,941 Views)

Can I use any shared variable for reading strings or is there a particular range of variables which can be used for string data type??

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,935 Views)

I don't understand your question or what you mean by "range of shared variables".

If you want the shared variable to be a string, then you set its datatype to be a string when you create it.

I think you are making this more complicated then you need to.  I'm not sure why you are using the shared variable library functions.

For what you have show so far, I think you only need a project that has your two VI's, a library that contains the shared variables you are creating, and in the VI's, use the shared variable terminals rather than these library functions.  You just drag and drop the shared variable from your library to the block diagram, then set it to either read or write.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,906 Views)