From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dsc tutorial

Hi all,

I am following the DSC tutorial as outlined in the getting started with DSC manual. I am following the tank simulator example. I have got as far deploying the Periodic I/O server and the step I'm stuck at is as follows

3. Select Tools>>DSC Module>> Monitor Variables.

However, the Monitor Variables is not available.

The picture attached shows the options available to me and the instructions in the manual.

Can anyone tell what I should do? It seems something very simple but I can't find it!

Regards,

Leeserdsc_monitor.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,888 Views)

Hi,

I think this is not available anymore since LabVIEW 8.6, now you have to use the Distributed System Manager to see your variables : Tools » Distributed System Manager .

Regards,

Da Helmut
Voir le profil de Maxime M. sur LinkedIn - View Maxime M.'s profile on LinkedIn
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,881 Views)

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Is there a tutorial document on how to use the Distributed System Manager to see the variables.

I have labview 8.6 and DSC 8.6 but it seems the tutorial and user manuals are for 7.x

On slightly different note, I have a VI that is carrying out a measurement given a number of inputs from user, the result of which is a simple number. I want to log the number along with user id, time of measurement, etc according to CFR part 11. Is DSC the best way to do this? Should I post this to a different thread?

Regards

Leeser

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,870 Views)

Hi,

Where did you find this manual ?

If it was shipped with LV I guess there is no other one.

You can find several manuals here : C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2010\manuals

Regards,

Da Helmut
Voir le profil de Maxime M. sur LinkedIn - View Maxime M.'s profile on LinkedIn
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,865 Views)

Hi Maxime,

They were the manuals that were shipped with LabVIEW 8.6. We haven't upgraded to 2010 due to large numbers of old vis written in earlier versions and 2009 really put us off upgrading! I'll find the 2010 manuals online someplace!

Regards,

leeser

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,862 Views)