From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dsc - error on archiving and compacting db

Hi all!

Another question:

In my code I use VI "archive traces" with options "delete archived data" and "compact db".  Every time VI returning error -1967386621. In http://www.ni.com/white-paper/13138/en/ I read issue #279926, but in this issue I read that in LV2012 this problem was solved. But it wasn't solved, and more: when I'm disabling "compact" option in "Archive traces" VI and use VI "compact database" as next step with some seconds time delay - I get the same error from VI "compact database".

What can I do? How can I solve this problem?

LabVIEW 2012, Citadel 5.0

WBR,

Igor,

Moscow, Russia

P.S. I'm sorry for my bad English. Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,506 Views)

Hi Igor,

Can you try disabling the delete archived data option temporarily so we can make sure that isn't causing the issue? In addition, could you confirm that you are using the LabVIEW DSC Module 2012? You can confirm the exact version under Software in Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX).

Best Regards,

Matthew B.
Offering Manager
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,463 Views)

Yes, I tryed it.

It doesn't take any effect.

DSC module version is 12.0.1

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,454 Views)

Hi Igor,

Would you by chance be trying to compact the database currently in use? If so, what you are seeing is expected behavior. Acording to the help documentation for the Archive Traces VI, setting the compact option to TRUE when the source database is in use will archive the data (but not compact it) and return an error.

Best Regards,

Matthew B.
Offering Manager
NI
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,444 Views)

Hello!

No, DB isn't in use, because "Archive Trace" VI don't return error when I use "delete data" option and not use "compact data" option. But "compact data" VI used in sequence, or option "Compact data" of "Archive trace" VI will cause error.

I using VI with "Archive trace" subVI as single user, on the local computer, and my DB collecting data from some SVs (on any new value loaded), and Vis using theese SVs are not running.

I'm very sorry about my English, again.

WBR,

Igor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,422 Views)

Hi Igor,

Could you provide some VI Snippets and screenshots of the error you are seeing? That would help me figure out the exact sequence you are performing the steps.

Best Regards,

Matthew B.
Offering Manager
NI
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,375 Views)