LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

drawing connected lines

Solved!
Go to solution

I have to replicate the same drawing in LabVIEW. The diagram shows no.of pipes arranged. Can I replicate the same using labVIEW.

The picture is given as attachment.

Thanks in Advance

Spoiler

@nk
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,104 Views)

LabVIEW isn't a drawing program.  Why do you need to do this?

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,077 Views)

You can put static images on your front panel & block diagram. Just copy+paste the image.

If you're going to overlay lots of controls/indicators over the image, you may run into performance issues unless you break the image up into smaller pieces due to how LabVIEW updates front panel objects when they are overlaid on an image (it has to update every object on the image each time one of the objects is written to - unless that's changed in a more recent version).

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,065 Views)

I am using this for showing arrangement of pipes.

I want this diagram to be automatically drawn by LabVIEW . I know that LabVIEW is not a drawing software but drawing operations can be performed in labVIEW .

If you see the image you can see the numberings that numbers will be provided by the user so such a schematic diagram should be drawn by labVIEW.

@nk
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,025 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author @nk

Hi nk,

but drawing operations can be performed in labVIEW .

Yes, you're right!

As you (and only you) know, how those lines should look like, it's you who needs to program such drawing routines!

You could use

- 2D picture indicator: there are a lot of those drawing functions…

- XY graph: create a plot for each line. Using NaNs as invisible gaps you could even have them in just one plot…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 5 of 6
(2,999 Views)

Thank You

@nk
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,986 Views)