LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

doesn't sincronize scan mode cRio 9074 with the pc

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I am working with cRio 9074 and ni 9234 module, In the VI works, but the adquisition data is so slow (one data per second) because I couldn't sincronize the pc with the scan engine...How would achieve the comunication both the chasis and the pc?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,433 Views)

Hi Sissi,

LabVIEW comes with several example projects, also explaining communication of host PC and RT target system.

Did you even try one of those example projects?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,423 Views)

I'm working with LabView 2010 and followed the scan mode example on the NI website, but still cant get the data, my question is about the communication between the scan engine and the PC, what do I need to make it work, the example uses a variable data buffer and I don't fully understand how it works, this might be the source of my confusion, also which VI goes in the PC section and which one goes in the chassis section. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,386 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Sissi75

Hi Sissi,

you should create a new project using the "New…" menu entry. Then select a project which already has basic VIs included to

- use the ScanEngine in the cRIO RT target

- use SharedVariables to transfer data from RT target to host PC.

I know that LabVIEW comes with such projects, all you have to do is loading them and study their block diagramm comments.

which VI goes in the PC section and which one goes in the chassis section.

Once you load the project you see which VI is used in which target! Each target has it's own branch in the project tree…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,366 Views)