LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does labview have driver to get readings from instron 4301

i'm new in using labview,can anyone out there tell me if labview has drivers that communicate with an instron #4301 instrument.And does Labview allow for database connectivity from the readings it might get from the instrument to be stored in a database.

Many Thanks to People replying !!
Thanx
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,823 Views)
GIJ,

I'll assume that you've already tried Instron itself and been turned away by either price or availability. I would imagine that either they or one of a number of NI Alliance Members would be happy to sell you some software.

Assuming the 4301 is fairly old, then you might want to search the Info-LabVIEW Archives to see if anyone there can help. I took a quick look (searched for "Instron") and turned up a bunch of hits, many of which had e-mail addresses you could try. Of course, you can always try to program it yourself if you've got a reference manual for the instrument.

As far as database connectivity goes, you can purchase the add-on toolkit from NI, which works great, or you can dig around on these forums for something called LabSQL, which I haven't tried. There are other potential solutions too, and some searching and reading on this site should help clarify the options.

Regards,
John
Message 2 of 3
(2,817 Views)
You were right,most of them wanted to sell me the drivers at ridiculous cost.
thanx alot for the help john i`m going through most of the sites.
GI_Joe signing off...
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,807 Views)