From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does anyone have the library of VIs for the Whirlpool WIDE commands in LabVIEW?

does anyone have the library of  VIs for the Whirlpool WIDE commands in LabVIEW?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,682 Views)

Hello Jrmzc,

I am wondering what exactly do you mean by Whirlpool WIDE.

Regards,

Luis Elias
NI VeriStand and HIL Product Manager
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,633 Views)

It's a set of serial commands to communicate with Whirlpool devices, like washers and dryers.

I don´t know what WIDE stands for but I guess "W" stands for Whirlpool.

It maybe looks similar to CAN communication but in Whirlpool environment.

I´ve been trying to search for related information on the web and not much results yet.

Juan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,623 Views)

Hello Juan,

I have been looking trough the commands, and I have not found any documentation related, what you might need is to get the commands directly from Whirlpool. What kind of bus do you need to communicate?

Regards,

Luis Elias
NI VeriStand and HIL Product Manager
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,615 Views)

It's LABview, not LAUNDRYview!  Smiley Very Happy

Good luck finding pre-existing drivers for washing machines.  You never know so it's a good idea to ask but I think you're going to have to roll your own code for this app.  If you tackle the project please offer the package up for others to use.  Maybe LabVIEW will become a popular platform for smart home systems.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,601 Views)