LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.dll file missing

i am using NI CAN ,GPIB cards. I also installed their drivers.In NI MAX i am able to configure them.But when i run the application.exe it starts searching canlib32.dll. i am also not able to find this dll file in my system.

I have tried by reinstalling all the drivers .

Please send this canlib32.dll as soon as possible and also tell why  it is happening.

kindly help me as the client is coming after 2 days.
It is very urgent.

Thanxs
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,680 Views)
Hello!

The DLL you are missing is not from National Instruments and I did some searches on Google and it seems like the DLL you are missing is from Kvaser (so I suppose you are using their CAN boards). Just go their homepage and download & install the correct driver.
Regards,
Jimmie Adolph
Systems Engineering Manager, National Instruments Northern European Region

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,672 Views)
Hi
Thanks Jimmie
What do u mean by CAN Board.CAN board or CAN Card.
But i am using NI CAN card.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,667 Views)

Hi,

You might be using the NI CAN but the application exe you are using has probably not been built with the NI CAN API.

If you have the source code, you will have to rebuild the software using the NI CAN API. Probably not as straight forward as it sounds because the function calls will be different.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,658 Views)

Hello!

Ok, you are using a NI-CAN interface and should therefore use the NI-CAN driver that you already have installed. Have you used Kvaser functions before? Because I have installed the Kvaser NI-CAN driver and indeed the canlib32.dll is installed with their driver and when you look at the DLL's properties you will find information that it delivered by them.

Regards,
Jimmie Adolph
Systems Engineering Manager, National Instruments Northern European Region

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,656 Views)