LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.dll dependency search occurs on every VI open

Hello,

I'm having an issue with a .dll dependency that is used in a library I installed. Every time I open my VI, it searches for a specific .dll in a location that does not exist. If I point the .dll to the proper directory, it still performs a search for every VI that uses this .dll (around 50 VIs).

The best solution right now is to press ignore twice during the search process. The program runs fine after doing this, but I'd like to get rid of this cludgy solution. Any ideas on how to fix this dependency? The project explorer notices the dependency issue, but I can't find a way to re-point it.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(6,082 Views)

I think the image is of a Project in which the ULx DLL is missing.

Prefered - Rather than adding a path of the DLL from other directory put it in the directory as mentioned by you in image i.e., ( LabVIEW 8.5 >> vi.lib >> ULx >> Ulx_LV.dll)

Otherwise try to remove the ULx_LV.dll dependancy from Project window. (This will pop up once to load a dependancy -Not sure)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(6,041 Views)

This kind of issues usually come, by using absolute paths, instead of giving relative paths. CAn u remove the dll and save the project and close the labview.

Again open the project locate to the dll , save the project.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(6,035 Views)

You can try these steps... I've had good luck with them when I need to relocate a file that's a dependency of a lot of things:

1. Move the file where LabVIEW thinks it should be (i.e. in the LabVIEW 8.5 directory)

2. Make sure all VIs that have it as a dependency are in memory (I usually drop them all as SubVIs onto a blank VI that wouldn't possibly run, sometimes it seems that just being loaded as part of a project file may not be enough, or maybe I'm just superstitious)

3. Find the file in the Files tab of the project window (just like in your screenshot)

4. In the files tab, drag it from the directory it is in to the directory you want it in

5. Do a "Save All"

6. Close everything

7. Re-open the project and see if you stop getting asked about the file

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(6,028 Views)

Hi LVKrAkEn,

I tried manually creating the directory and placing the ULx_LV.dll inside. Labview still had issues finding the .dll. Very odd...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(6,006 Views)

Hi Kyle97330,

I tried your suggestion but I wasn't able to get past step #4. Even if I create the expected directory and place the .dll inside, Labview still shows it as missing.

I'm going to try removing the library from my VIs compeletely, reinstall the labview using their installer, then place it back in the project. Hopefully this works.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,987 Views)

I decided to give up on this library. I found another library in VIPM that served the same purpose.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,904 Views)