LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dll Invoke node gets relinked

Hello Everyone,

I have an invoke node calling a method in a dll in LabVIEW 7.1. When I open the same vi in LabVIEW 8.2, the invoke node is not getting updated with the method directly. I have to right click the invoke node, choose the 'select method' option and then press OK. Once I do this it is getting relinked correctly. What could be the problem?

Thanks,
Vasanth.
Ya Ya
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,894 Views)
Hi Vasanth,

I hope you are doing well today! What kind of invoke node are you using? ActiveX or .NET? The ActiveXautomation server needs to be registered in Windows for LabVIEW to be able to automatically populate the property node and invoke node without deleting and reconnecting a new refnum.
Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,880 Views)

Hi Adnan,

I am fine. How about you?

Well I am using a .NET Invoke node. I think I dont have to register this to use, do I?

Thanks,

Vasanth.

Ya Ya
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,870 Views)
Hi Vasanth,

Can you please post your VI with the code isolated? I will open it up in 8.2 and see if the problem occurs.
Adnan Zafar
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,852 Views)

Hi Adnan,

I hereby have attached an example of what exactly is happening to me. If you open the conversion.vi in LabVIEW 7.1, it is opening without any error. But if you open the same in LabVIEW 8.2, the vi showing an error in the invoke node saying it is an invalid method. But if I right click the invoke node, choose 'Select Method' and then press Ok without doing anything, the error disappears. I need to open this vi in both LabVIEW 7.1 and LabVIEW 8.2 without any error.

Thanks,

Vasanth.

Ya Ya
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,843 Views)
Hi Vasanth,

I was able to see the same issue on my machine. I tried it with another DLL and got the same result. Let me look into this issue some more and I will get back with you.
Adnan Zafar
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,828 Views)

Sure Adnan. Thanks for your commitment.

Thanks,

Vasanth.

Ya Ya
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,823 Views)

Hi Vasanth,

I have filed a Corrective Action Request (CAR ID# 46KDPVGF) with the R&D department. I will keep you updated on the status. It is known that LabVIEW 8.2 handles .NET objects/methods way different than LabVIEW 7.1 and that might be causing the behavior. Unfortunately, I don’t have a workaround for you right now, but as soon as I get something from the R&D department, I will be sure to let you know. Have a great day!

Adnan Zafar
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,812 Views)

Sure Adnan. Thanks for your efforts.

Thanks,

Vasanth.

Ya Ya
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9