From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

divide an array into components

Hello:

I am developing a LV application that has, in some way, "two parts": One of them is the user interface and its associated block diagram, that receives values from controls and files. Then, this values are used for feeding the inputs of a "Call Library Function" node.

Well, some of the values I use are components of an array. I thought that I could use a "Split array" block, but I cant connect the "1 component array" with the numerical input of the library node.

How could I "convert" a "1 component array" into a "numerical value". I actually use a very improper method, I connect the "1 component" array to a "array max & min" block, and I use "max value" output (I could use min too, obviously).

Another question that is related to this is the follwing: Is there any method in order to split an array into its numerical components? Because I have, for example, a 4 elements array, I wished to divide it (in an easy way, instead of having a "serial association" of 4 "split array" blocks) into 4 numerical values that are used for feeding a function node.

Well, if you need any aditional info, please dont hesitate in ask for it. Thank you very much for your attention and please sorry for my bad english.

Yours sincerely.

Juan Crespo
Message 1 of 5
(2,741 Views)
Juan,
Apologies if I misunderstood, but is the 'Index Array' function the answer to both your questions?
=====================================================
Fading out. " ... J. Arthur Rank on gong."
Message 2 of 5
(2,731 Views)
Donald's right. Here's a picture.
Message 3 of 5
(2,723 Views)
Oh, thank you very much and please sorry for my stupid question. Really this block makes the function I need. Sorry again please.

I am a complete rookie in LV use and I am starting without any kind of help, this is my only justification.

Thank you very much again.

Yours sincerely

Juan Crespo
Message 4 of 5
(2,697 Views)
Since you're new to LV, I suggest you start by reading (and rereading) the LabVIEW user manual. Also, try searching this site and google for LabVIEW tutorials. Here is one you can start with and here is another. Then, read the manual again.
You can also contact your local NI office and join one of their courses.
Another thing you can do is study the examples shipped with LV (Help>>Example Finder).

Message Edited by tst on 04-29-2005 10:57 AM