LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

distance measurement using devantech srf05

Hello,

I am working on a university project where i will use ultrasonic sensor for detecting vehicles. The distance measured from the srf05 will be used to determine wether  a parking spot is occupied or not using red and green led lights. I have already used an example from the forums but the problem is that the values of distance obtained are not correct, with numbers reaching thousand of metres.

What do you thing is the problem? The vi used is attached in the following link :https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-3737

The hardware used is Compactrio 9024 with cRIO 9118 chassis and the module is NI 9403.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,402 Views)

Hi Stefanos,

I have taken a look at your VI and have a few questions/tips I need you to do to establish what is causing the distance to be so large.

1. If you place a probe on the wire leading to the "Raw Distance (cm)" indicator and one after the high throughput add function. Do either probe display the correct value or is the raw distance correct?

2. If you test your system and measure a known distance does the distance measured by your application linearly increase or decrease as you move the object? If so, it could be to do with some scaling somewhere.

3. Would it be possible to create a .zip file with your full project file and attach this to a post. This could allow me to try to recreate the system and see if I experience the same issue.

I hope this info helps!

Kind Regards,

Larry Colvin
Associate Principal Engineer
Dyson Technology Ltd.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,368 Views)

Hello Laurence,

Thank you for the response! Actually i managed to make it work today!! It was a problem with the sensor. it works perfectly now!

Regards

Stefanos Kythreotis

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,361 Views)

Hi Stefanos,

That is good to hear. I hope your project goes well!

Kind Regads,

Larry Colvin
Associate Principal Engineer
Dyson Technology Ltd.

Message 4 of 5
(3,358 Views)

hii Stefanos

i am using ultrasonic sensor SRF05 for measurement distance from sensor to object! but i did not know why my resulf is very erratic!

i am using PCI 6052E, LabVIEW 2010, win7!

can u help me?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,272 Views)