LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

displaying partial turns of a motor in labview

this isn't really a problem with labview but more like i think i need help understanding the logic of this simple program. i am reading a motor's encoder which reads 2000 counts per one full motor turn. i would like to see the position of the motor...where it is, as far as making one complete turn. so i was thinking that i need to divide by 2000, or once its made a complete turn, divide by 2000 but take the remainder and compare it to where it is in one full turn. then i would like to display it on the front panel in a meter or speedometer looking thing...could i use the quotient & remainder function or what?

thanks...
samantha
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,273 Views)
Sure, Q&R will do just fine. 😄 If you want, you can scale the remainder output so it displays fractional turns (divide by 2000), degrees (multiply by 360/2000), etc.

The attached should get you started
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,273 Views)

thank you but it doesn't seem to be working for me.....i wired the encoder output from my motor into the input for the Q&R....can you please see attached to see where my logic has gone wrong? thanks...

samantha

altenbach wrote:

Sure, Q&R will do just fine. 😄 If you want, you can scale the remainder output so it displays fractional turns (divide by 2000), degrees (multiply by 360/2000), etc.

The attached should get you started
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,253 Views)
Well, multiplying by 2000, followed by a division by 2000 does not do anything! 😮

You simply need to divide the remaider by 20 to get the percentage (Use Q&R again but use the IQ output). See if this makes more sense! 🙂

Message Edited by altenbach on 02-10-2006 11:12 PM

Message 4 of 5
(2,253 Views)
thanks for helping me get the logic.....Robot Happy
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,232 Views)