From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

displaying multi plots in graph on front panel

Hello!

I have a problem with my labview design which i hope someone can help me with?

Attached you will find snippets of my design. 

Fig A- three case structures. I have 4 channels(1,3,5,7). For eg if I am at channel 3, the value retrieved from my load(alr done and tested) will be input into case 3 for voltage, current and power through a local variable. So on and so forth for the other channels. At any time only any 3 channels will be used.

Fig B- There are three while loop structures because i want to graph plots to continue on and on. I have shown different ways to display the graph for voltage and current because idk which is the correct way(both doesnt show any plots!). For voltage, I am using a control(linked from fig A) to insert into array, build waveform, bundle, cluster and insert into a waveform graph. For current, I used a bundle and then insert it into a mixed signal graph.

Fig C- Im not sure if its something wrong wrong with my voltage and current values in Fig A in the first place(if its empty). Idk to use property node>value or loacl variable if i just want to get the numeric value. I have showed both local variable and property node>value for CH1 voltage.

Thank you and i hope for any inputs to solve my problem! 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,537 Views)

It is very unclear from these brief pictures of pieces of your code what you are attempting to do, but there are clear problems.  Some suggestions:

• Don't post pictures or Word documents.  This is a LabVIEW Forum -- attach a VI (or zip file with VIs) or a Snippet (a .PNG image of a VI that is actually executable, created from LabVIEW's Edit menu).
  • Variables belong on Wires, not on Local Variables.  There are (a few) places where Local Variables make sense, but this is not one of them.
  • It is difficult to understand Figure B because (a) it's not clear at all what you are trying to do, (b) it is difficult to "see" from the Word document, (c) it is impossible to execute from the Word document.
  • Are you using Graphs or Charts?  Are you plotting "evolving data" or a "static snapshot"?
  • Sometimes it is a really good idea to "Write (some of) the Documentation First".  In this case, write a brief description of what you really want to do.  Describe the inputs, the sampling rates, the kinds of display, the kinds of processing.  Once you really understand the problem, a problem-driven solution may suggest itself.  As a side benefit, describing what you want to do (as opposed to what your code might suggest you are doing) can help us to help you.

Bob Schor

Message 2 of 2
(2,501 Views)