From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

display plot names on graph and use those strings in ring menu

Solved!
Go to solution

gregory

the larger cluster is the output of the array to the cluster. In the sample code, output cluster is just the strings but in original code the output code has strings and double as shown in the picture. I just need to get those strings and show in the ring menu.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 27
(1,397 Views)

Yes, the code I sent will update the Ring selection choices.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 27
(1,393 Views)

Gregory,

The problem is that she isnt using an array, she has a cluster.  I dont know how much code revision it would take, but i dont see any reason not to use an array.

-Matt
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 27
(1,386 Views)

Matt, as you suggested I built array. The resulted appended array is 2D array of cluster of 2 elements now. So now how can I just get the strings name out of it. The attached Capture 1 shows the result of built array.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 27
(1,384 Views)

Not sure why it is a 2d array i dont believe it has to be, but i cant see all the code.  Id suggest getting it to a 1d array and then doing what gregory suggested in post 8

-Matt
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 27
(1,376 Views)

It should be a 1D array. I am not sure how you are building your array but you can right click the "Build Array" function and make sure it is concatenating the inputs. Then, I've already shown you how to use the plot names to edit the graph legend and Ring control.

Message 16 of 27
(1,375 Views)

Thank you gregory. It was not concatenating the inputs. Now, I have a 1D array but I tried your code and it shows me the error as shown in Capture 2. It shows the error as:

The type of the source is void.
The type of the sink is string.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 27
(1,367 Views)

Click on the unbundle node and select the correct label for your string.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 27
(1,361 Views)

Gregory, actually, The error is fixed. Ignore my last post.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 27
(1,359 Views)

Thank you so much guys. One more question can I choose more than one items in the ring to show in the graph?

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 27
(1,351 Views)