cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

display plot names on graph and use those strings in ring menu

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone !! 

I have 1D array which is further a cluster of 2 elements: one is a number and other is string. These string has the information about the name of signals. I connected this 1D array to reshape array with a dimension of 10.  Then the reshaped array is connected to array to cluster. This resulted cluster is further unbundled to get the name of plots. The problem is I don't want to have these 9 unbundle blocks to get the name of the plots. Is there any way I can do it without using unbundle 9 times. I though of using for loop or while loop but I need some suggestions.

So I have two questions:

One is how to get these name of plots without using unbundle so many times?

Second is how can I display these plot names on my menu ring? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 27
(3,853 Views)

Please post your code. For me, please save it to LV 2012 or earlier. If you are using a more recent version just go to your project and click File >> Save for previous version...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 27
(3,834 Views)

Without any code id say use a for loop. The for loop will iterate according to the size of your array in.

-Matt
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 27
(3,822 Views)

So here is a sample code similar to what I have. The difference is in the actual code the element is string and double. As you can see the output of array to cluster is cluster of 9 elements and they all are strings. In original code the output is shown in Capture which is attached. The stream ID string contains the name of the plots and I need to get these strings and put on the waveform graph plot names. And I need to put these plot names in the ring menu. Hopefully this sample gives you an idea what I am looking for.

Any suggestions will be helpful.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 27
(3,811 Views)

It looks like it is saved for LV 2015, not LV 2012.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 27
(3,808 Views)

Hey gregory !! This is the code for you in labview 2012. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 27
(3,804 Views)

Just out of curiosity, why did you make that a cluster of 9 clusters vs an array of 9 clusters since each element is the same? Probably would save you some trouble to convert it.

-Matt
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 27
(3,790 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author studentgirl

I must have missed something, I saw no large cluster on your block diagram. Change that large cluster to an array, since it has many of the same element. Then proceed as attached.

Message 8 of 27
(3,789 Views)

Matt if you see the capture I attached you can see the output of the cluster is not just string as in the sample code. I have two elements from the cluster one is string and other is double. I just need these 9 string names and show it on graph.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 27
(3,786 Views)

I understand that in your code it is a cluster of 9 cluster composed of a string and a double.  Im saying that since all your clusters are the same data type that you can actually replace that cluster of 9 elements with an array of 9 elements.

-Matt
Message 10 of 27
(3,784 Views)