From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disable wireless card

Hi,

I'm developping an application using Labview 2015 SP1 that will run on a Win10  7" tablet.

I need to enable or disable programmatically the tablet wireless module to reduce battery consumption.

Does anyone know how to do it?

Tks a lot

Bye

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,267 Views)

So I dug this out of an old program I haven't used in a while, so I'm not sure if it still works is what I'm saying.  I had a setup where the computer was on a DSL connection at a remote facility and network usage would drop out randomly making remote desktop control difficult.  So I had a program detect if it was connected to a network, then disconnect and connect.  If that didn't work it would disable the wireless then enable it.  This was all done using the netsh command line.  Version wasn't specified, saved in 2015.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,235 Views)

Thank you for your answer, I will try as soon as I can.

Anyway, can you check the posted VIs, because a subVI is missing (Get Value from Key.vi).

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,179 Views)

Yup so sorry about that.  It had an OpenG dependency that I inlined.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,172 Views)

Sorry,

the "Search or Split String_ogtk.vi" is still missing.

Can you include it?

Bye

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,134 Views)

Seems you're right not sure what happened.  Just install the OpenG dependency through VIPM, you'll be happier anyway since it comes with all kinds of useful functions.  The String palette is what you'd need.

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/209027

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,130 Views)

I have tried your example.

Even if the wlan interface is found wit the netsh command "show interfaces", when I try to enable or disable the wlna the answer of the netsh command is "No registered interface on the router with this name.".

Keep in mind that the name I pass to disable or enable the interface has been found using the "show interfaces" command.

I spent some time to try to understand better the problem, looking for some suggestions in the web. I have found that could depends on the command prompt level, that has a restricted permission in normal mode. I have to use an elevated command prompt, but I don't know how to change "the level".

Here below the article link:

http://superuser.com/questions/619786/use-commandline-to-show-disabled-network-interfaces-in-windows...

Can you help me?

Thanks a lot.

Bye

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,117 Views)

I just turn UAC down as far as it goes and I have no issue.  Of course that has other repercussions and might not be allowed.  You can right click the Command Prompt shortcut in the start menu and choose Run as Administrator to test the commands there.  I do not know how to do this in LabVIEW if these elevated privileges are needed.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,111 Views)