LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disable view as icon

I have twice presented a VI Analizer topic at a LabVIEW users group meeting.  Run VIA on Read TDMS.   Oh, you have never seen a vi before?  View vi as icon is default.   You can view vis!😇

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(1,503 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

I have twice presented a VI Analizer topic at a LabVIEW users group meeting.  Run VIA on Read TDMS.   Oh, you have never seen a vi before?  View vi as icon is default.   You can view vis!😇

...what?

Run VI Analyzer on Read TDMS?  I can't find a "Read TDMS" there is a "TDMS Read" but this is a primative.  Are you refering to the TDMS File Viewer which has a subVI displayed as a non-icon view?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(1,475 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

@JÞB wrote:

...what?

Run VI Analyzer on Read TDMS?  I can't find a "Read TDMS" there is a "TDMS Read" but this is a primative.  Are you refering to the TDMS File Viewer which has a subVI displayed as a non-icon view?

My poor attention to detail.  TDMS - File Viewer.vi is the offending vi

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(1,462 Views)

how to disable view as icon. i dont have any idea about it

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(1,281 Views)

Hi brohim,

open the LabVIEW options (Tools menu).

Then disable "icon view" in the block diagram options.

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 15 of 18
(1,280 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

Apparently new users prefer the big and bulky.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Default-Option-Do-NOT-Place-Front-Panel-Terminal-as-Ic...

As for the express VI's that is a good suggestion and I've never found a way for an express VI to default as a small Icon View (and turn off the caption).  If this is hidden INI key I want it.

But honestly I use express VIs so seldom that it doesn't bother me too much.

I recently read a workaround from Darren to this issue. Create a VI with the Time delay in small mode with label hidden. Add it to the Palettes, Set it to drop content.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(1,276 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

Hi brohim,

open the LabVIEW options (Tools menu).

Then disable "icon view" in the block diagram options.

Gerd..... My 8-Ball says

`````` This is not what he means````

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(1,251 Views)

Tools--> Options--> block diagram--> Place VI as ICON...disable that selection would gives you result.

HAV A GOOD TIME

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(1,212 Views)