cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disable driver updates or cancel without saving

Solved!
Go to solution

I've a question.

If a look in a driver then LabVIEW recommended to "Save changes before closing?". But i did do no changings (only press a button from off, on and offf again).

The i wnat to close the driver without savings.

Then i can only slect "Save, Defer Dicision or Cancel". Press Cancel then it comes every time with this question.

Also close the VI it tells that a lot of sub.vi needs to be updated.

Is it possible to cancel without changings?

Kind Regards, Bernard Arts

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,651 Views)

Hi Ben,

you probably loaded some VIs from an older LabVIEW version. When doing so LabVIEW has to recompile the VIs and so presents the "file has changed" save request.

You can

- defer decision. Then that request pops up when you close the main VI (before LabVIEW tries to unload all referenced VIs from memory).

- save once. THen LabVIEW will not complain again...

- do a mass compile of the driver VIs...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,650 Views)

I do not have an old VI i just made it in the same labview version.

Or  if i open an instrument driver sub and i try to close (some button set on , off but nothing changed) then it request also to save it (i can't ignore or cancel).

See example 1

I open with LabVIEW2010, Blank vi, Go to Block diagram and select Instrument I/O, Agilent 34401, Initialize, open this vi, the i press ID False and again back to True. The i want to close the Initialize but then it request to save it (can't cancel).

Close LabvIEW then i can do not save all. 

See example 2

Then i create a new sub vi include above initialize. If I close labview then it request to save 5 items of the driver. 

How can i close it but not save and that this is not request again when open and close the sub vi?

See attached picture example.

Kind Regards, Bernard 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,627 Views)

Hi Ben,

why do you attach files with proprietary formats instead of plain pictures (JPG or PNG)?

- You can look at the list of changes to see what's happening...

- You have the option to "defer" saving (as written before and as can be seen on your picture).

- As written before: when deferring you will be asked again when closing the main VI. And you will have the option to decline saving...

- Did you ever tried to click on "Don't save - All"? Is this what you're looking for?

When following your example 1 I get no saving dialog...

Why don't you want to save the requested items? Where's the problem?

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,624 Views)

Yes i  know that i have these options but if i decline then next time i open again the same sub vi and close it, it ask again and again and again.....

Kind regards, Bernard Arts

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,621 Views)

Hi Ben,

it seems some "links" (file path dependencies) have changed (independently from switching a button). You have to store those new dependencies (by saving the VI) or LabVIEW will always ask you the same again and again...

What's the problem with saving those VIs?

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,619 Views)

There is not a problem. But i installed drivers once a few years ago  and i've no reason to change the original drivers. But LabVIIEW does.

Maybee i save them once and resave them in all our systems so i don't have those questions at closing. I only want to known if it can be ignored, but it seems that it can't and that it is better to resave them.

Thanks for response.

Bernard Arts

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,616 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ben_Arts

Hi Ben,

again:

You have to option to read the reasons, why LabVIEW wants to save those VIs.

But saving them once removes that dialog the next time.

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,614 Views)