LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

direct on line starter

hello everybody

i was working on a direct on line starter for a motor on LABVIEW.

I was using a case structure for the above purpose

was wondering if anyone can help me with a DOL having just two switches for switching the motor ON and OFF

REGARDS,

JALASHWA

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,900 Views)

Hi jalashwa,

Sorry,What you meant DOL??

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks as kudos only:)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,896 Views)

@danil33 wrote:

Sorry,What you meant DOL??

Have you tried a google search?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,894 Views)

HI,

Having a two position switch for on and off is not an issue.  However, how is the hardware hooked up to your LabVIEW?   If it is controlled through DAQmx then you can hook your on/of to a channel.

Some more detail and then some more specific pointers can be made.

For example, one case for running the on driver, one case for the off diver.

-------
Mark Ramsdale
-------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,882 Views)
mark,

for the time being i co not using a motor but an led for my dol .

It is the programming me the dol that is troubling me.

Request your assistance for the same

regards
jalashwa
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,868 Views)

HI,

Not much to provide without more info. I have attached a snippet, tell me if this is to basic or not.

On Off.png

This is switching a DOL Boolean.  Put your drivers for the hardware inside the case structure.  If you are planning on using hardware you need to do some more investigation and post a sample code of what you want to do.  good luck.

-------
Mark Ramsdale
-------
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,845 Views)
The constant polling for DOL can be removed with the use of event structure. And according to the state of the your On / Off switch you can intiate the startup sequence or shutdown sequence. You can place the respective sequence in the case structure provided in the event structure. I'm attaching a code and hope it suffice your query.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,816 Views)