LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

digital i/o , using P0.0 to output 5V

Solved!
Go to solution

On my DAQ device (USB-6009), I'm already using the pin-out +5V and ground to control a sensor. I need to put another of the same sensor in my testing set-up. Can i use the P0.0 as a +5V out? and just ground the load to the same pinout (32)?

daq device.JPG

load.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,125 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author smat123
Why? You can wire the +5 to multiple locations. If the sensors require that much current, the digital output probably won't source enough.
Message 2 of 4
(5,112 Views)

Like Dennis said.

You need to calculate your loads and see what current is available from the source voltage. You shouldn't hook things up unless you are sure that the circuit will work first. You can easily blow things up on circuits if you don't figure things out first.

Glad to answer questions. Thanks for any KUDOS or marked solutions 😉
Message 3 of 4
(5,099 Views)

The +5V pin is not controllable.  It is always on and can provide 200 mA of output current (which is a limitation of the USB plug).  If your external devices consume more than 200 mA total, you could use a DIN rail power supply or a wall plug (see pic) rated for 5V, assuming that "always on" is what you need.

51VQPIuOnbL._SY355_.jpg

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
Message 4 of 4
(5,087 Views)