LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

different sampling rate for daq inputs

i am using daq card 9025.

i wish to take two inputs at different channels but with different sampling frequency..

cani do this using daq assistant ?

or i wud have to use traditional daqmx functions?

could anyone shelp me with one example?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,022 Views)

I would sample them both at the higher frequency, then decimate the data for the slower channel.

steve

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the forum when you get help. Click the "Solution?" icon on the reply that answers your
question. Give "Kudos" to replies that help.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,014 Views)

A 9025 is a cRIO controller.  I don't think that is what you have.  Perhaps you meant a 9205, which is a 32 channel AI module.

All imputs from a single module will have to be read at the same rate.  If you want to run at different frequencies, you will need to have another module.  What I tend to do in similar situations is just read at the fastest rate needed and then just perform an average on the channels that should be at a slower rate.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,012 Views)

and what averaging function would that be?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,008 Views)

@Bgmnt wrote:

and what averaging function would that be?

I typically used Mean.vi (does not get any simpler than that).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 5 of 5
(3,003 Views)