From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dialog ring item selected

Hi,

I have a dialog ring and I would like to know if there is a way to get the text of the item selected.

Thanks in advance,

ToNi.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,757 Views)

Esay : use a property node, as shown below

Message Edité par chilly charly le 01-07-2006 12:53 PM

Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,758 Views)

Hey,CC

Good solution, thanks for giving such solutions, can you please explain me something more about the Property node, for which applications we can use it, and what are the benefits of it????

Thanks,

Nishant

Message 3 of 7
(2,750 Views)
Property  nodes are the tools we have to control the behaviour of front panel objects. However, their use is not limited to that use only. Open the "Serach the LabVIEW bookself and search for "Property nodes". There are hundred of references.
The best thing you can do is explore

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,743 Views)
Ok, but it works if you have checked in properties ring the sequential values... but I think if you add items to dialog ring with its custome value for each string.... it doesn't works.... because the array string save the string in the positions of array 0 to n and these positions are not right when you customize your values for your strings in the dialog ring and you don't use sequential values. Also the property value of the dialog ring returns you the custom value you are associated to the string when you add it to the dialog ring, this value isn't 0 to n in this case, for example, if you add the following to the ring dialog:

string1 129
string2 12
stringN 234

the value property if you select the string1 item, returns to you the value 129 and not 0 and then you cannot use the strings property with index 129 (value property return this) to get the text of the item selected in the dialog ring, because this index (129) is incorrect, in this case, the right index would be 0 and not 129 to get the right item selected in the dialog ring with Strings property.

Thanks,

ToNi.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,742 Views)
You are right. So, after a few minutes of exploration, here is an even simpler solution 🙂

Message Edité par chilly charly le 01-07-2006 04:22 PM

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,744 Views)

Thanks, CC

Thanks for the such a wonderful help, and i am always glad to post the questions, because of such a wonderful responses form the masters of the games.

Thanks,

Nishant

Message 7 of 7
(2,714 Views)