From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

diagramm speed and saving graph

I can't find a way to do it so..

At the moment I'm using a manufacture build .exe which was created in labview. I've downloaded the .llb file to edit the program for my purpose.
The diagram that is shown in the picture, moves ridiculous fast on the x . I want to slow it down but can't find the right settings to do it. I also want to put the duration to 30 sec maximum but whatever I try it keeps on failing.

The other thing I want is that the graph auto-saves when it's done. Right now whenever it's done collecting data I must click on save, choose a destination en then it's saved. I want it to auto-save the graph whenever I click on measure but there are way too many properties and I can't find the right one...
In the attachments you will find the .vi and picture.

Thank you!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,725 Views)

First, you need to learn about LabVIEW. The online tutorials are really great - and free.

Mike.

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,704 Views)

Wow, talk about an example of Why LabVIEW Has a Bad Reputation (in some circles) -- while I don't doubt that this packed piece of coding may do something useful, I certainly wouldn't want to be the one to modify or maintain it.  My approach would be (and was, when I was faced with a similar challenge) to Start All Over and begin the coding from scratch, focussing on what was being intended (and almost always packaging it up into a sub-VI (of which I notice there are 7 in your code -- I'd probably have at least 70) and less on worrying about the how (and trying to "do it all" on a single Block Diagram).

I'm not certain what this code is supposed to do, but I'm guessing that it isn't too complicated -- it involves reading data from a Serial interface (you should probably replace the Serial VIs with VISA functions) and doing some simple processing with the results.  If you are interested in learning LabVIEW (or know it already), and are willing to largely abandon this code (except as it informs you of what you want to do, and suggests some controls, switches, and outputs you might want to include) and try to re-develop this (perhaps with some suggestions from the Community on How to Get Started -- I'd suggest taking a look at the Sample Projects that ship with LabVIEW and see if any of these fit, then spend a few hours studying them to figure out their design philosophy), this could be an excellent Learning Experience.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,689 Views)