From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dewetron

Can I develop data acquisition vi with LabVIEW for a DEWE-2522 device? will it be able to save the files as .TDMS?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,076 Views)

You'll need to contact the manufacturer and see if you can get a Programming Manual.  If it will allow for sending and receiving remote commands, you need to learn them and implement them.  From there, assuming you can get the data from the instrument, you can save the data in whatever format you want.

Of course, I would probably just go with a simple USB DAQ from NI and then just let DAQmx do all of the work for you.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,066 Views)

Thank you for your answer.

I would also go with USB DAQ but we already have the other equipment and not much budget to spend.

The Dewetron has an onboard RS485 card, I have read something about RS485 drivers to control it with LabVIEW, is that something straight forward to do or does it require deep programming?

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,995 Views)
It requires deep understanding of the protocol that the instrument uses. You would primarily use the VISA Write and VISA Read, of which there several examples. Look at the serial examples. You would need an RS485 device for the pc. A Windows driver would come with the device. Google USB-RS485. Then you would get an appropriate cable to connect to the instrument. The instrument manual should explain the type of cable to use. Then, it's a matter of understanding what to write to the instrument in order to control it and to read measurements. MAX has a test panel you can use for debug or use a terminal emulation program such as putty.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,983 Views)

The best thing is to pick up the phone and ask DEWETRON how to stream the data to LabVIEW .....

Maybe they have a Ethernet driver to get the data, or a TCP-IP  (UDP?) stream you can grap.

For current devices they claim to have LabVIEW support 😉

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,946 Views)