LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

determine the changing point of temperature curve

Hello

I colelcted data using NI 9213

My temperature curve will be like this . What kind of function can I use this changing point in this Temp curve?

I may use derivative of slope, right? The other problem is my curve may not as sooth as what I draw. They may some some bump..

I need to filter the noise??

Thank you for your help

Temp.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,812 Views)

temp2.png

My experimental curve will be more like this.

I am not sure how I determine this point.

Also this point is one trigger scource. So I hope I can get it once this point showed up then I need to change my process state.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(2,809 Views)

Well, let's start off with a simple question.  How do you, looking at the graph, determine this point?  What exactly do you mean by "changing point".

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,807 Views)

I think it is the first point to reach the equilibrium temperature. After this point , T is still increasing . but not a lot , may be only 1 degree C increase. So I cannot say  this T is the maximum Temperature. Also in my actual curve, they have several thresholds, I am not sure how to determine the threshold I want which is close to Equilibrium T.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,804 Views)

The points you have marked in both images are NOT the first time the temperature reached the equilibrium temperature.

You seem to be implying that you get some overshoot.  Is that what is happening?

Do you know what the equilibrium temperature will be before the system settles to equilibrium?

Please post an image of a plot of actual data.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,784 Views)

tt.png

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,759 Views)

Actual data will be like this

Here we only look at fiber temperature

When Fiber Temperature curve almost look like a plataeu , We immediately move process from heating period to bed sweep stage.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,758 Views)

I'm kind of thinking performing a moving average and then taking the derivative on the average.  When the derivative is small enough (1 degree/s?), you reached your point.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,754 Views)

That is pretty scary data on which to attempt an automated analysis.

The only thing I see there which might work is to first identify the broad peak which occurs at 135-140 on the horizontal axis then look for an approach to close to zero slope after that.  Because the differentaition process to get the slope is an inherently noisy process, you may need to do some smoothing or qualify the data by requiring the conditions to be met for some period of time before deciding.  Looking at only one data set does not give me enough information to judge the reproducibility or noise levels in your signals.

Do you have knowledge from theory which predicts a mathematical formula for the shape of that curve? Extra knowledge can often be used to make a better decision.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,752 Views)

This may be a good idea. 

Let me think about it 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,710 Views)