LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

detect delay in two inputs

Hi All,

I m designing an occupancy control in LAbview based on the delay in sensing by the two infrared sensors installed! 

Is there any tool in Labview which can sense the delay in the input recieved by the two detectors and accordingly act!!

Also, I want to initialize a variable "Sum"  in a case structure which continuously decrements or increments by 1 every time it checks if the input is true or not!! But initial value is "ZEro" whenever i first switch on the program. IT is something like a counter.

Please Help!!!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,724 Views)

Please! try! to! refrain! from! so! many! exclamation! points!

What kind of hardware are you using to detect the sensors. If you have an NI DAQ board, many of these have a counter and that would be the best way.

Your software counter can be easily implmented with a shift register.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,714 Views)

I! GOT! U!  :smileywink:

I am designing an occupancy control of a room. It will be maintaining the total count of people in a room i.e. incrementing the count by 1 whenever someone enters and decrement the same by 1 if someone exits

The occupancy logic is based on case structure. Anyways the prob can be solved?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,704 Views)

The problem can be solved but you need to answer the question I asked.

Again - What hardware are you using to detect the sensors?

The logic of your program has nothing to do with the basic question above. If you have nothing to detect a sensor, you can't begin. And, as I said, the increment/decrement is done with a simple shift register. For learning the basics of LabVIEW, you should look at the  tutorials. It's also a question that has been asked/answered a large number of times. Plenty of examples to look at if you do a search.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,700 Views)

Dennis Knutson wrote:

Please! try! to! refrain! from! so! many! exclamation! points!

Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rd7j-aSqFUSmiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 6
(2,690 Views)

So this doesnt solve your problem?

Even If your answer is going to be "no" You can continue in the same thread.... "!"

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,644 Views)