LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

detect an event from a subVI

Thank you to everyone for the suggestions. I am starting to understand user events now. I have implemented user create event in the main VI and a generate event in the subVI as per the suggestions here. At the moment I am getting the following error and can't understand why:

Error 1 occurred at Generate User Event in control_v4_ML.vi->mainmenu_v3_ML.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  An input parameter is invalid. For example if the input is a path, the path might contain a character not allowed by the OS such as ? or @. ========================= NI-488:  Command requires GPIB Controller to be Controller-In-Charge

I have attached a few photos of my code. The 'create event.png' is the main VI and the 'generate event and error.png' is the subVI. The 'user event out' in the subVI is the event refnum from the 'create event' function output.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(515 Views)

@DarkMarc86 wrote:

Thank you to everyone for the suggestions. I am starting to understand user events now. I have implemented user create event in the main VI and a generate event in the subVI as per the suggestions here. At the moment I am getting the following error and can't understand why:

Error 1 occurred at Generate User Event in control_v4_ML.vi->mainmenu_v3_ML.vi

Possible reason(s):

@Labview:  An input parameter is invalid. For example if the input is a path, the path might contain a character not allowed by the OS such as ? or @. ========================= NI-488:  Command requires GPIB Controller to be Controller-In-Charge

I have attached a few photos of my code. The 'create event.png' is the main VI and the 'generate event and error.png' is the subVI. The 'user event out' in the subVI is the event refnum from the 'create event' function output.

Time for my favorite saying:

A picture is worth a thousand words, but a VI is worth a thousand pictures.  If you can show us your VI, we can definitely tell you what's going on.  As it is, it seems you have something hooked up incorrectly.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(502 Views)