LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

descritption of property nodes and what they mean

Does anybody know where I can get a good description of property nodes and what the specific properties mean?  The help files are a start, but in many areas they are kind of lame..
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,168 Views)

The help files are probably the most comprehensive source of knowledge. Just in case, you didn't know, you can right click a property node, select Help for property name and get there directly.

You can also try searching for tutorials in the relevant topics, but usually the help covers pretty much everything.

(2,160 Views)
My company is sending a representative to NI Week to meet with some head honchos from NI on possible improvements and suggestions.  I have added what you are asking for to the list of what will be discussed.  In addition to property nodes, I am asking for documentation of all methods.  I've seen a large TestStand poster that lists API calls, properties and methods, and such.  I think the same ought to be done with Labview.  Of course that poster would be humongous.  Any kind of document would suffice.  I am anxiously awaiting the outcome of this meeting.
Many other items are on the list, including some issues that were brought up in this forum.  I have asked for a way to "comment out" sections of code without having to use a case structure set to false with all the wiring changes.  Another item I asked for was a wizard to automatically generate the basic code for some architectures, like producer-consumer, state machine (simpler that using the state machine toolkit), and such.  Many others here have joined in to make suggestions, too numerous to list them all here.
- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,156 Views)