From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deploy shared variable on specific ip

Hi, there is the problem to deploy shared variable on a specific network interface. There are many network interfaces in my computer. If I wan to deploy the variable on the nework interface with the physical address 00:50:56:C0:00:01 and the ip 192.168.117.1 I followed this, but I get that: DeployShared.jpg This is the wlan ip. What is wrong? use Labview 2012 SP1 32bit

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,715 Views)

What version of LabVIEW are you using?  Are you deploying the Shared Variable with LabVIEW Project?  Are you running LabVIEW Real-Time?  Do you have a Remote declared in the Project?  If so, simply put the Shared Variable Library (in Project Explorer) on the Remote and tell it to Deploy -- it should (automatically) go to the right place.

Note that the note you cite is from LabVIEW 8.2.1, which was one of the earliest implementations of Shared Variables.  There have been many changes in the last 5-7 years ...

Bob Schor

Message 2 of 3
(2,683 Views)

Ok, now I see that the variable is deployed on every network interface which is acivatet and connected. It confused me that on the deployscreen only one ip of the wlan was shown.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,659 Views)