cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deleting NI update service.exe from registry

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone

During my LabVIEW Runtime  2011  & Vision Run-Time 2011 SP1 installation i checked  the box for " Request the installer for ..... " ( See attachment). Now i dont want to look for updates and so i unchecked the regular update search in the NI Update Service. ( See attachment)

But still when i restart my computer there comes a message from NI update servce to prompting me to connect to internet and i see that "NIUpdateService.exe*32" process is running in my process list.

Is there a way to delete this update service from the registry or something? Can anyone help me with how to do it? 

System : Windows 7, Professional

Installed NI  softwares:  LVRTE2011std.exe  & Vision Run-Time 2011 SP1

Thanks for any help

Nghtcwrlr

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,924 Views)

Attachment.PNGattachment

Nghtcwrlr

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,917 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nghtcrwlr

I managed to find a  solution.

Conrol panel > Administrative tools > Task Scheduler>
There you can see the scheduled task name and the status. NI Update Service was still in active state there. Now i deactivated i and until nw there comes no pop up window for NI update service everytime i restart the computer.

But still i dont understand why the Update service runs, even though i unchecked the regular update in NI Update Service

Nghtcwrlr

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,885 Views)